sleep deprivation – Insomnia
Insomnia (sleep deprivation)
Insomnia is a common sleeping problem that affects most of the people in the world. Difficulty sleeping, almost night awakes, disturbance in the middle of the night are issues that are facing the people. Because of this insomnia, many people cannot sleep, due to the lack of proper sleep people will have adverse effects on the mental health conditions.
Insomnia may be temporary or permanent; it is divided into primary or basic and secondary insomnia. Primary or severe insomnia can cause sleep disorders for no reason.
Secondary or long-term sleep deprivation is caused due to the medicines that particular person is using or due to some other health problems. According to an estimated survey, 10% of the world’s population is suffering from chronic insomnia.
Insomnia can be caused by many factors and the common reasons are:
- Mental causes: people suffering from anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Medical conditions: lung disease, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, acidity and heartburn.
- Abnormal lifestyle habits; delaying lunch at night, tea, and coffee, alcohol consumption, irregular sleep, smartphone usage or internet usage up to midnight are the main reasons for insomnia.
- Age and Health: older people often suffer from insomnia. Sleeping issues increases with the age and the health are slowing down.
- Environmental causes: sleeping place and enough space to sleep, too much noise or severe weather conditions are also cause the sleeping problems.
A person may have the following reasons to suffer from insomnia
- Sexual act with women
- Increasing the age
- Lack of proper mental health
- Working at nights
- Travelling in different times
General symptoms of sleep deprivation
- Not having enough sleep at night
- Sleeping for just a few hours
- Waking early in the morning
- Day time sleeping
- Lack of proper sleep shows impact on the daily routine lifestyle
- Fatigue in the morning times
A person’s medical history, records, physical examination and his lifestyle can be confirmed by insomnia. Some sleep related tests have to be done to understand that what a person’s insomnia is.
Treatment and prevention:
Depending on the sleep deprivation, doctors suggest some types of therapeutic options:
- Change in lifestyle: if there is a lack of proper lifestyle and good habits then follow a certain procedure and stay healthy and fit.
- Drug usage: in low dosage sleeping pills may be prescribed.
- Exercise and treatment: in some severe cases a person may be referred to as a few exercises and treatments to cool the brain and sleep well.
A healthy lifestyle and habits can prevent any sleep deprivation. Always follow a sequence and sleep on time. Exercise and meditate, it may be keep away the anxiety and tension. Keep your bedroom dark and comfortable. TV and smartphones must keep aside before going to sleep.
Insomnia affects a person’s life physically and mentally, which then also leads to many problems.
Problems of sleep deprivation
- Unable to function correctly for next day
- Stressful life and disturbances in personal life
- Weight gain
- Severe irritation
- Tension and chronic headache
- Problems raised in the pre-existing illness
If you’re suffering from the symptoms of insomnia, stay away from the things that are inconvenient to your sleep. Even if you do not change your lifestyle then get immediate medical attention.