Psoriasis is one of the most bewildering and constant skin disorders. It is characterized by the skin cells that boost more than 10 times faster than normal, as the basic cells reach the top surface of the skin and die, their abrupt volume causes red plaques covered with white scales. Normally this psoriasis occurs on the knees, scalp elbows and palms and soles of the feet. Plaque psoriasis is the most form of psoriasis. People having psoriasis will most commonly have obesity, diabetes and some heart problems. This psoriasis is not a contagious disease. This disease generally thought to be a genetic disease.
Types of psoriasis:
There are mainly five types of psoriasis:
- Plague Psoriasis: it is also called as psoriasis vulgaris, it presents with red patches with white scales on top. It occurs mainly on the forearms, shins, around the navel and the scalp.
- Guttate Psoriasis: it will be in drop shape.This often starts in the childhood itself.
- Pustular Psoriasis: occurs with small non-infectious pus filled blisters.
- Inverse Psoriasis: forms red patches in skin folds like armpits, groin area and under the breasts..
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: occurs when the rash spreads widely and also develops from any of the other types.
Symptoms of psoriasis:
Symptoms are different for everyone some of the common signs are
- Red color patches of skin with thick scales
- Small scaling spots
- Dry and cracked skin which then leads to bleeding
- Thickened nails
- Swollen and joints
Treatment for the psoriasis
- This includes creams of steroids, Vitamin D3 cream, ultraviolet light andmethotrexate.
- Almost 70% of the cases can be managed with the medical creams, men and women are equally affected with this psoriasis.
- Psoriasis gets sometimes better and even worst in some conditionsand can have clear skin during some time. It can be controllable with medication.
The exact reason for the psoriasis is not known researchers consider environmental, genetic and immune system factors plays a main role in the establishment of the disease.
Some natural remedies that may help with psoriasis:
- Aloe Vera:Aloe Vera gel can be applied to the skin for three times a day reduces the redness and scaling that links with psoriasis.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps to relieve scalp itching and apply it to your scalp more times a week. Diluting vinegar with water with 1:1 ratio helps preventing burning sensation.
- Capsaicin: creams containing capsaicin reduces the pain, redness and inflammation.
- Dead Sea salt: addition of Dead Sea salt in the warm water and soaking in the tub for 15 minutes helps in removing the scales and itching. After the tub bath don’t forget to apply the moisturizer to the skin.
- Oats: applying the Oats paste or taking a bath in oats helps in relieving the itching and reduces redness.
- Turmeric: you can take turmeric in the curries, helps in minimizing psoriasis. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Olive oil: olive oil contains omega – 3fatty acids this reduces the inflammation. Apply warm olive oil into the affected areas of the skin to soften scaly patches.