Headach Remedies : Headache is the one of the most common problem in every one’s life. Almost every one during some point experiences the headache. WHO (World Health Organization) reports that almost half of the adults in worldwide experience the headache in a given year.
Headache mainly causes due to the heavy stress or due to the migraine or high blood pressure or due to the depression later it can leads to the some other problems.
Causes for Headache
Headache can take place in any part of the head, it may occur in one part or on both sides of the head. This can transmit across the head from one part. They can be sharp or dull which appears suddenly or repeatedly, headache can stay for one hour or up to several days.
International headache society characterized headaches as two types.
- Primary headache:
These types of headache are caused due to the illness of structures in the head that are pain sensitive. This also includes blood vessels, muscles and nerves of the head and also causes due to the change of chemical activity of the brain. Some primary headaches are migraines, cluster headaches and tension headaches.
- Secondary headache:
These types of headache are caused due to the stimulation of pain sensitive nerves of the head by another condition. These includes: alcohol – induced hangover, brain tumor, blood clots, bleeding in the brain or around, ice-cream headaches dehydration, panic attacks, stroke, teeth- grinding at night etc., it is important to consult a doctor if the headache becomes more severe or persistent.
- Apply heat pack or ice pack to your head or neck, avoid extreme temperatures
- Avoid stress
- Eat regular meals
- Maintain stable blood sugar
- Regular exercise
- Good and enough rest or sleep
- Herbal and nutrition products
Generally headaches may cause due to the deficiency of nutrition’s like magnesium and certain Vitamin B. most of the headaches do not lead to death.
Natural Home Remedies for Headaches
- Ginger: it is a best home remedy for the instant relief. Mix ginger root for tea or you can mix ginger and lemon juice and drink up, you can consume this once or twice in a day. You can also apply the paste of ginger and a spoon of water on your forehead for few minutes which provides quick relief.
- Lavender oil: add 2 drops of lavender oil in two cups of boiling water and inhale the steam. Or mix 2- 3 drops of lavender oil in a spoon of almond oil or olive oil and massage your forehead with it.
- Cinnamon: grind cinnamon sticks into powder and add some water to make thick paste and apply it on your forehead and lie down for half an hour and wash it with warm water.
- Cloves: crush few cloves gently and put them in a clean cloth and inhale the smell of crushed cloves. Or you can add 2 drops of clove oil in a spoon of coconut oil and also add salt, mix it well and gently massage your forehead.
- Basil leaves: add some fresh Basil leaves in a cup of boiling water and allow it to simmer and add little honey and slowly sip the tea. You can inhale the steam after boiling the Basil leaves in a pot of water.