do you have throat infection?
A Sore throat refers to the pain, irritation along with itchiness of the throat which then causes difficult to swallow the food particles. In most of the cases, the throat infection is caused due to the bacterial infection, the symptoms of a sore throat include:
- Cold and cough
- Strep throat
- Gastro esophageal reflux disease
- Allergies etc.,
This infection can affect the people of all ages especially children, people who smoke, having allergies and people having an immune system. But most of the sore throats don’t require medical attention, if it lasts for a longer period or if you see the difficulty in breathing problem, joint pains, earache and a rash then consult your doctor for the treatment.
Home remedies for a sore throat:
- Honey: honey mixed with tea should be taken once daily. Honey helps in speed healing for sore throats.
- Salt water: gargling with warm salted water can help to soothe the sore throat and also helps to kill bacteria in the throat. Gargle helps to reduce the swelling and keep the throat clean and should be done every three hours.
- Turmeric milk: drinking turmeric milk helps to treat a sore throat, cold and cough. It can even help to relieve swelling and pain. Turmeric is considered as a natural antibiotic.
- Apple cider vinegar: apple cider vinegar helps to kill the bacteria in the throat and also help to ease cold symptoms. You can add a teaspoon of apple cider to your tea or use the same to gargle with it.
- Garlic: place a clove of garlic between your cheek and teeth and suck. Crush it gently and let the juice go inside.
- Peppermint: peppermint oil sprays may also relieve sore throats. This contains menthol that helps thin mucus and calm sore throats and coughs. It contains anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties which may speed healing.
- Baking soda gargle: gargling baking soda mixed with the salt water helps to relieve the sore throat and also kills the bacteria and prevents the growth of yeast and fungi.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek has a high healing power that can relieve the pain and also kill the bacteria that causes irritation. Fenugreek is also acted like antifungal.
- Stay away from the people who are sick with an infectious illness like flu.
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Avoid eating spicy or acidic foods
- Avoid smoking that causes inflammation.
- Children under five years should not be given hard cough syrup that might pose a choking risk.
- Avoid honey to children who are below one year.